- Published in Projects
iLearnGreek offers free Greek language course -75 teaching hours divided into 100 45-minute lessons- to adult third-country nationals, helping them attain basic language skills so that they can be in a position to understand and express themselves both orally and in written form. It involves two learning levels – basic and intermediate – and the lessons are available in four locations (Nicosia, Limassol, Larnaca and Paphos), geographically covering the whole of Cyprus and online.
The learning material being used during the lessons has been developed taking into consideration the specific needs and circumstances of Third Country Nationals, avoiding the use of elaborate academic language but instead opting for a more interactive approach of teaching. This ensures the students’ engagement and consequently fast and effective learning. Additionally, in a bid to motivate learners’ participation, the programme offers a free tablet to those who have attended 60% of the lessons and have passed the exams.
- Education, Migration
- Funding Agency:
- Co-funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund
- European Financial Literacy Game for Adult Citizens (Euroinvestment)
- Collaborative Approaches for linking Circular Economy Initiatives (CIRCULINK)
- Digital, Responsible Citizenship in a Connected World (DRC)
- Greek Minors - Geia Xara
- Supporting the Transition from Education to Employment of youth at Risk (STEER)