- Published in Projects
CARDET has been recently awarded a new project, under the ERASMUS+ Strategic Partnerships programme of the European Commission, titled “Online Game for Civic Engagement of EU young adults” (ENGAME). The project will be implemented in collaboration with the Anatolia College of Thessaloniki and with partners from Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Spain, and Austria.
Millions of users around the world are gaming regularly. Even though online gaming was primarily designed for entertainment and profit, quite recently it moved beyond private industry and turned into a research field in educational and learning disciplines. However, the majority of literature on the field, reports that gender and racial stereotyping dominates the field of gaming and seek alternatives ways to raise awareness on the matter. ENGAME maintains transformative potential facilitating engagement with the wider community both at the local and the EU level. It addresses the demands of revisiting the notions of citizenship and civic education, enhances users’ aptitudes for emancipatory endeavours and satisfies a number of ERASMUS+ objectives.
The project aims to develop an online game designed to educate the youth in active civic engagement and social equality through an entertaining learning device. The main objectives of the project are to:
- Combat any form of discrimination, especially sexism and racism, as well as civic apathy
- Provide an innovative ICT–based educational practice that will motivate the youth to commit in active learning
- Validate gaming as a novel form of non-formal learning practice
- Strengthen cooperation and exchange of information and good practices between different areas of Europe
- Support the development of the EU as a knowledge-based society
- Funding Agency:
- Erasmus+, KA2 Strategic Partnerships
- ‘Γεια Χαρά’: Ολοκληρώθηκε ο πρώτος κύκλος μαθημάτων Ελληνικής γλώσσας σε παιδιά YTX
- «ΓΕΙΑ ΧΑΡΑ» - Πρόγραμμα Εκμάθησης της Ελληνικής Γλώσσας
- European Financial Literacy Game for Adult Citizens (Euroinvestment)
- Collaborative Approaches for linking Circular Economy Initiatives (CIRCULINK)
- Digital, Responsible Citizenship in a Connected World (DRC)