- Published in News
The aim of the project is to address the challenge of engagement in science through an innovative approach to science teaching and learning and make learning science Fun and Relevant to students’ contexts. The project aims to increase pupils’ motivation and achievement in science and other subjects and to prepare European educators to better engage pupils in science education.
This project proposes that an approach to enhancing student interest for science can be conceptualized through the design of science curriculum materials that focus on making learning science fun, by supporting personalized, meaningful, situated, and contextual learning.
Making Learning Science Fun (SciFun) Project launched on 1st January 2016 and will be completed on 31st December 2018. The project engages partners from Cyprus, Romania, Ireland, Greece and Poland.
The specific objectives are to:
- Prepare European educators to better engage pupils in science education.
- Provide educators with analytical information regarding acclaimed international and European best practices in science teaching and learning.
- Describe general approaches and specific methods and techniques to teach key competences and concepts in Science and other important areas of the curriculum.
- Support educators in utilizing mobile devices (GPS, PDAs, Tablet PCs), comics, digital storytelling, film, multimedia, and Web 2.0 technologies to engage students in Science education.
- Design sample cross-curricular teaching units enriched with digital tools to be used by educators and function as models for new teaching units.
- Pilot and implement cross-curricular units in European schools, record data, and create case studies for teachers and policy makers.
The Kick-off meeting of the SciFun project was successfully held on 30th – 31st March 2016 in Nicosia, Cyprus. During the meeting, the project partners discussed thoroughly various management aspects of the project, key roles and responsibilities, the scope of the project and deadlines to be met. The next meeting will take place in Athens during October 2016.
For more information you can visit the project website: http://scifun.eu/
Please Like Our Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/scifuneuproject/?fref=ts
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This website and all its contents reflect the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. [Project number: 2015-1-RO01-KA201-015016]
- The first newsletter for the project SWPBS
- 2nd Partner Meeting of the EUROINVESTMENT project
- ‘Γεια Χαρά’: Ολοκληρώθηκε ο πρώτος κύκλος μαθημάτων Ελληνικής γλώσσας σε παιδιά YTX
- «ΓΕΙΑ ΧΑΡΑ» - Πρόγραμμα Εκμάθησης της Ελληνικής Γλώσσας
- European Financial Literacy Game for Adult Citizens (Euroinvestment)